Nursing Education Consultant, Full Time
Privately funded i-Human Patients, Inc. (IHP) is the developer of a cloud-based platform for the education and training of medical and other healthcare professionals. IHPs flagship program, i-Human Patients® (i-Human), simulates complete patient encounters — from conducting the patient’s history, to performing a comprehensive physical examination, to selecting and ranking diagnostic hypotheses, to ordering and evaluating diagnostic tests. The i-Human program also embeds “basic science” learning exercises within the simulated patient encounter and incorporates virtual 3D anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. The program’s objective is to develop and assess the user’s patient assessment and clinical reasoning competencies through a fun, highly interactive, and high-retention learning modality.
IHP partners with medical, nurse practitioner, and physician assistant schools and programs, along with the National Science Foundation, the American Medical Association, and the Reliance Foundation (India’s largest philanthropy). In just two short years on the market, over 20% of U.S. medical schools and multiple graduate nursing schools are already subscribing to the i-Human platform and/or developing cases in anticipation of its future use. IHP is rapidly expanding its presence in other healthcare professional schools and provider organizations, as well.
Qualifications and Skills
- DNP degree with 5 years experience in curriculum development and experience at both undergraduate and graduate nursing education preferred. BSN degree with extensive clinical healthcare / education experience will be considered.
- Five years’ experience in education implementation support, preferably in a clinical and/or higher education context.
- Well connected in the nursing education community.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to master new programs/ applications quickly.
- Strong time-, material-, and process-management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple assignments under set deadlines.
- Self-directed ability to work productively — both independently and collaboratively — as part of a virtual (not co-located) office team.
- High level of commitment to quality.
The Nursing Education Consultant (Nurse Educator) will have the following responsibilities:
- Understand the current products, its capabilities and uses in nursing education at both the undergraduate and graduate nursing levels.
- Understand the range of uses of computer simulation in nursing education.
- Assist in the development of a nursing centric product that has scaffolded educational uses in both undergraduate through graduate level nursing programs.
- Work with nursing faculty to personalize cases and materials for their institutional curriculum.
- Provide customer assistance in the integration of the product into their curriculum.
- Identify and understand IHP customers’ educational curricula, learning goals, and critical success factors relevant to use of its products in pilot programs, new accounts, and renewing accounts.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the i-Human case and lesson inventory and assist educators in the selection of IHP materials appropriate for their student audiences and learning objectives.
- Assist in where requested to manage the institution’s (school or program) i-Human product implementation process and work closely with key institutional personnel to develop and implement process improvements.
- Assist where requested to investigate and propagate best practices for the use of i-Human cases and lessons: Ensure that all IHP customers are empowered to achieve maximum student success with all i-Human products; and, that customer satisfaction will promote product endorsement within the healthcare education field.
- Fully understand the IHP sales process: Database management (Salesforce.com), contracting, payment options and invoicing, and accounting for contract- and revenue-recognition tracking.
- Utilize and manage the i-Human electronic administration system to enroll students and faculty, and to control program- and case-access privileges and case assignments.
- Identify opportunities for customer expansion of usage.
- Monitor customer use of products and proactively identify usage lapses that could lead to customer attrition.
- Leverage nursing connections to build advisory groups and provide locations for pilot projects.
Location and travel
- The position will require initial travel for training (approximately two one-week training classes in California) and will require approximately eight trips per year to meet with customers and to attend national conferences.
- The person can work remotely from home, however, there is a strong preference that the individual filling this position be located in the western United States (company’s home office is in California), and have easy access to a major airport. Strong candidates not meeting this geographic preference will still be considered.
Compensation and benefits
IHP offers a competitive compensation package that includes base pay, a bonus plan, stock options, health/disability/life insurance, and a 401k savings plan.
Be a part of a team of educators, clinicians, and software technologists that are working to revolutionize healthcare education around the world. We strive to make high-quality, cost-effective healthcare more broadly available through the rapid development of students’ and practitioners’ clinical assessment and diagnostic reasoning competencies, through the reduction in costs of healthcare education, and through the resulting ability of institutions to produce more healthcare providers.
To apply for this position
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender orientation, or national origin.
- 4 Jan, 2016
- 0 Comments